Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Race Inflatable Slide Review [October 2023]Oct 5, 2023
Before we dive into the details, let's start by taking a look at some basic product information about the Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Race Inflatable Slide Bouncer Multicolor. The following information was provided by the manufacturer (MGA Entertainment) on Oct 5, 2023.
From the Manufacturer
Here are some features that have been provided by the manufacturer:
- Fun outside inflatable water bouncer includes climbing wall, two slides, and splash pool
- Maximum number of kids is 4 and the maximum combined weight limit is 350 lbs.
- Internal Box Size: 15.75''L x 28.75''W x 16.25''H (all dimensions are in inches )
- A surprise dump bucket pours water on kids climbing up the center inflatable rock wall
- Product Size 161.00L x 169.00 W x 103.00 H
Perhaps I should mention at some point during this review, but I am very biased toward Little Tikes for things like bounce houses, trampolines and inflatable water slides. They definitely cater to a younger crowd, but considering that they do, they deliver a quality product.
One of the big benefits of running this site is that I get insight into what some of my users buy on Amazon. It doesn't cost you anything — it's basically Amazon paying me a commission for referring some of my readers to their site — but that insight is huge when it comes to reviewing products that my readers buy.
The way this works is that I get reports showing what products are purchased (personal information is never provided). More importantly, I get to see which of those products get returned. This gives me HUGE insight into which inflatables actually live up to the hype and stand the test of time.
Because of this data, I've learned over time that Little Tikes is one of the brands that gets returned the least. Simply put, it almost never happens. For this reason, I will virtually always recommend a Little Tikes product in the inflatable category.
Beyond that, this is just a nice slide. It's simple and convenient, yet loads of fun for your kids, and for that reason it earns a high rating from me. If you purchase this unit too, please feel free to reach out to me and let me know what you thought!
Our Review: The Good and the Bad
For every product that is reviewed on this site, I like to condense the information down so that you can spend less time reading reviews and spend more time enjoying your life with friends and loved ones.
I was able to come up with six positive highlights for the Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Race Inflatable Slide Bouncer Multicolor. On the other side of the coin, there were three areas for improvement that I was able to identify.
First, the positive highlights:
Things I liked
After taking a good look at Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Race Inflatable Slide, these are the positive things that stood out:
- Straightforward, easy-to-use model that is simple and dependable. It might not have some features like water cannons or basketball hoops, but for the target age group that this model serves that is generally not an issue.
- Inflates quickly so your kids won't be waiting long to start the fun. Every minute counts when you have a group of excited children ready to go, and this model won't let you down!
- Double slides allow for more kids to use the slide. In my experience, giving younger kids plenty of space can help keep things happy and civil, especially when siblings are involved. Having two slides on this model means that you'll avoid some of the arguments and scuffles that happen when kids have to share.
- Lightweight and easy-to-store, this model can be put away almost as easily as it gets set up. That may be a bit of an exaggeration (the cleanup is always more time consuming with water toys), but this model really is about as easy to put away as it gets.
- Backed by a quality brand like Little Tikes, which I just learned has been in business for over 50 years, you won't have to worry about having major problems or getting terrible service when little issues come up.
- Good price point and readily available from multiple retailers. I almost overlooked one of the most important parts! This model is priced very competitively considering the quality that you are getting, and it is really one of the easier inflatable water slides to find in stock.
- Learn More
And now, some things you might want to watch out for:
Things I didn't like
The downsides that I noticed after looking at Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Race Inflatable Slide were:
- This is a pretty basic model. Like I mentioned above, there are no water cannons or basketball hoops, no additional bouncing surfaces, things like that. However, the trade-off in my mind is that this model is much more affordable than some of the bigger ones that would have those features.
- You won't be able to use it forever. As with a lot of the Little Tikes inflatables, it's hard to see kids using this who are much older than 7 or 8, and even that might be pushing it. Of course, the older the kids are the fewer of them you should allow on the slide at once, but even then this is definitely geared toward the younger crowd.
- These are widely available so the resale value might be a little lower if you plan on reselling it after a couple years' use. That said, there will probably always be decent demand for these, even in the used market, so that may be a benefit in the eid.
- Learn More
Questions or Comments?
Please reach out! Hearing from my readers is the best part of running a website. Simply put, it's how I learn and grow.